Clearly onsite visits aren’t always possible, but given recent events, clients are much more open to meeting their suppliers remotely.
Video Surveys are a highly effective tool that allows risk management professionals to virtually:
- Conduct site and facility tours to understand the associated risks.
- Provide virtual risk management advice and discuss any queries or concerns with a client.
- Survey or inspect the client’s site, property and other assets.
- Re-survey a risk that has had a previous on-premises survey.
- Check progress with previous risk management advice and risk improvements.
I’m sure like many organisations, you are using video conferencing tools like Zoom, Teams, Skype, Google meet etc. to conduct some of these remote survey examples.
Video conferencing tools work well for a general catch up but can create a challenge if you need to record, share or store the survey data.
Multiple Video and images can create large files making surveys clunky to share and will also require some consideration on hosting.
So, if you are a looking for a cost-effective solution for your virtual risk assessments, then SurveyorTech may help you.
How a SurveyorTech Virtual Risk Management Survey Works
As a Risk Management professional, SurveyorTech enables you to survey a property or site remotely via a video call with someone at the client’s premises who is using the SurveyorTech App.
You can communicate with the client via the portal, much like you would with any video conferencing software.
The client will be able to see and hear you in the App and you can guide them to point their mobile devices camera at what they want to see.
During the video meeting you can:
- Capture an image whilst discussing a risk or issue with the client.
- Make notes alongside the image to act as a reminder or summary of what was discussed and agreed.
- Annotate the image to highlight a specific issue or concern and what needs to happen.
- Record multiple videos of what was discussed and agreed, with the option to add summary text.
Once you have completed the remote survey with the client you can:
- Update the survey by tiding up notes and expanding on your observations.
- Upload any other supporting images or video you may have.
- Link associated images and video together
- Link an image of a floorplan to images and video so the client can easily see where the issues are.
Once you are happy with your survey, simply press the publish button to create read-only shareable link that is stored securely in our cloud based SurveyorTech portal.
Sharing and updating a SurveyorTech Survey
Sharing a SurveyorTech survey is easy.
A published survey link can be copied and pasted into an existing survey report, sent via email or added to the client record in your back-office system.
As the Survey is hosted in the cloud and accessed by opening the link in a web browser, neither you or the recipient needs to worry about the handling or storing of large image and video files.
The recipient of a survey does not need to register with SurveyorTech, nor is there a charge for viewing a survey.
If you need to update the survey once it has been published, you can do this from within the survey saved in the SurveyorTech portal.
Simply update the survey with any new text, upload any new images or video and then click the update button.
The Survey link will remain unchanged but will now contain the new data for the people you have previously shared the survey with.
Maximise your Virtual Risk Management with an on-premises survey
Your virtual risk management offering can be even more effective if you already have a digital twin of your clients’ site, premises and assets.
With a SurveyorTech on-premises survey you can:
- Capture 360° images of the building exterior and interior (you will need a 360° camera for this)
- If you have a Ricoh camera this will work seamlessly with the App. If you have another brand of camera you can upload these 360° images directly into the SurveyorTech portal from your desktop.
- Link the 360° images to still photos and video for a more detailed survey.
- Add drone imagery of the entire site which can be annotated and linked to. Imagine if you could virtually fly around a site from your desktop, click on the door of the building you want to explore and walk around it virtually? (We have a drone partner if you need some help).
- You can also upload a floorplan or site plan and add links to the relevant images and video. This makes it easy for the recipient to see where the issues you have identified are.
Here is an example of an on-premises published survey*.
Clearly if you had an on-premises survey it would be an effective basis for a virtual risk assessment to keep this data current throughout the year or as something changes.
How much does SurveyorTech cost?
Pricing is just £50 plus VAT per user per month and includes:
- Unlimited Surveys (on-premises and remote surveys are included).
- No hidden video call costs or additional fee’s
- No long-term contract commitments simply pay each month and cancel anytime.
- Unlimited client downloads of our App
- Unlimited survey sharing
- 100gb storage per user, per annum. Additional storage can be made available for a small increase in your monthly fee.
Custom Reports – Coming Soon
Once this functionality is live and for a small increase in your monthly fee, you will be able to recreate any of your risk management templates in SurveyorTech.
Within these reports you will be able to embed any videos, images or 360° walkthroughs you have captured to enrich your report.
Published reports can be shared via our secure link or downloaded into PDF or Microsoft Word.
You will also be able to add your logo and brand colours to the report.
Interested in finding out more?
Please complete the form on the SurveyorTech website or connect with me on LinkedIn to arrange a demo or discussion